Tuesday, May 9, 2017
100 REFLECTIONS: The Sages of Concord #32
Advices from HD Thoreau.
1. Confront the essentials
2. If you’re despairing, make some noise.
3. Simplify, simplify.
4. Cultivate the tree which you have found to bear fruit in your soil.
5. If you know of any risk to run, run it. If you do not know of any, enjoy confidence.
6. If you can drive a nail and have any nails to drive, drive them.
7. If you have any experiments you would like to try, try them; now’s your chance.
8. Do not entertain doubts, if they are not agreeable to you. Send them to the tavern.
9. As for health, consider yourself well and mind your business.
10. Do what nobody can do for you. Omit to do everything else.